Browse our lessons and click the link of your choice.
|It's December. It's Christmas month. Jack and Sally are so excited.|
They write Christmas cards to their friends, neighbors and family.
- Vocabulary : advent calendar, Father Christmas, grandma, grandad, decorate, post.
- Grammar : imperative, ordinal numbers.
- Writing : informal letter.
|"Dear me!" says Mr. Chillip, meekly smiling, with something shining in his eye. "Our little friends grow up around us. They grow out of our knowledge, ma"am?" This is to Miss Murdstone, who makes no reply.|
- Vocabulary : recollect, parlour, decanters, faint, Dear me!, meekly, merely, frown, discomfited.
- Grammar : historical present.
- Speaking : increase vocabulary (choose a learning method).
|Mark is about to launch his own business, but he's not quite sure how to raise his start-up capital.|
Dany gives him fruitful ideas and plans.
- Vocabulary : raise, start up, inquire, loan, investor, royalty financing, lease, share.
- Grammar : future plans, should.
- Speaking : improve listening skills.
|"Here is Therese, my little daughter. Please will you look after her?" Captain Degans had said to his sister.|
Madam Raquin smiled. "I've always wanted a daughter," she said. "Leave the dear little girl with me. Your Therese and my Camille will grow up together in a safe and happy home."
- Vocabulary : Vernon, Captain, look after, married name, grow up.
- Grammar : past perfect, adjectives.
- Speaking : phrasal verbs.