Browse our lessons and click the link of your choice.
|Tom has a reservation but the receptionist couldn't find a record of his booking. It seems like there was a glitch with their booking system.|
- Vocabulary : pull up, book, deposit, glitch, upgrade, no extra charge, amenities.
- Grammar : word building (prefixes), subject-verb agreement.
- Speaking : asking for help / offering help / responding to help request.
|The man is doing everything he can to impress the Emperor and his people.|
The Emperor decided one day to amuse the giant man with Rope-dancing, where dancers are known for their prominent skills.
- Vocabulary : gentleness, nurture, hide-and-seek, entertain, inch, vacant, audition.
- Grammar : sentence rules, adverbs of frequency.
- Writing : paragraphs.
|Trina shares her good moments about the Valentine's day with her friend.|
But this time, she's not even interested because she doesn't have a boyfriend to share this holiday with.
- Vocabulary : Valentine's day, excited, boyfriend, girlfriend, as opposed to, anniversary.
- Grammar : preposition combinations.
- Speaking : phrasal verbs.
|Duke took his wife, Emily to a fancy restaurant downtown for their 7th anniversary.|
It was a good opportunity to taste French cuisine and Lyon's local wine.
- Vocabulary : French onion soup, risotto, order, recommend, suggest, roast.
- Grammar : question word.
- Speaking : the three Rs.