Browse our lessons and click the link of your choice.
|Listen to Justin Gloucester (e-commerce Expert and social media analyst) giving advice about shopping online and explaining why people start to feel more confident shopping online these days.|
- Vocabulary : massive, progressively, bargain, go on, shop around, tempt, search engine, listings.
- Grammar : and / or / but.
- Speaking : structured learning (plans).
|Listen to Bob and Faith while they're talking about the origin of Earth Day.|
Earth Day is meant to remind The population of this planet of their responsibility to keep it healthy and unpolluted.
- Vocabulary : Earth Day, aim, Inc, Gaylord Nelson, campaign, grassroots, protest, fruitless.
- Grammar : clauses of purpose.
- Speaking : spoken English tips.
|What do you do to get in shape? Do you go to the gym? How often?|
Listen to a conversation between two friends talking about working out and getting in shape.
- Vocabulary : fit, pump iron, a sesh, my place, a rip-off, set you back, a lame excuse, put on weigh, veg out, stick to, freebie, telepathic.
- Grammar : Modifying nouns, as.
- Reading : English learning styles.
|Kate and Carrie are talking about April Fools' Day and the pranks people make.|
Carrie gives an example about about spaghetti trees and how it was the Swiss were harvesting a bumper crop of spaghetti.
- Vocabulary : practical joke, hoax, deceive, spoof story, genuine, gullible, taken in by.
- Grammar : forms of other.
- Speaking : be your own teacher.